The Low Frequency Instrument
The Low Frequency Instrument (LFI) is an array of 52 tuned radio receivers which will be placed in the focal plane of the Planck telescope, and will image the sky in three frequency channels between 30 and 70 GHz. The LFI will be designed and built by a Consortium of scientists led by Reno Mandolesi of the Istituto Fisica Spaziale e Fisica Cosmica (IASF) in Bologna (Italy). The other main institutes involved in the LFI Consortium are:
- Chalmers University of Technology, in Goteborg (S)
- Danish Space Research Institute , in Copenhagen (DK) -[ Planck Page ]
- Instituto de Astrofisica de Canarias, in La Laguna (E)
- Instituto de Fisica de Cantabria, in Santander (E)
- Istituto CAISMI, in Firenze (I)
- Istituto di Scienza e Tecnologia dell'Informazione "A Faedo", in Pisa (I) - [ Planck Page ]
- Istituto IASF (CNR), in Milano (I)
- Istituto di Fisica del Plasma IFP (CNR), in Milano (I)
- Istituto IFSI, in Roma (I)
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory , in Pasadena (USA)
- Max-Planck-Institut fuer Astrophysik , in Garching (D) - [ Planck Page ]
- Millimetre Wave Laboratory, in Espoo (FI)
- Jodrell Bank Observatory, in Macclesfield (UK)
- Osservatorio Astronomico di Padova, in Padova (I)
- Osservatorio Astronomico di Trieste, in Trieste (I) - [ LFI's DPC home page ]
- SISSA, in Trieste (I)
- Space Science Dpt of ESA , in Noordwijk (NL)
- Theoretical Astrophysics Center, in Copenhagen (DK)
- University of California (Berkeley), in Berkeley (USA)
- University of California (Santa Barbara), in Santa Barbara (USA)
- Universite de Geneve, in Geneva (CH)
- University of Oslo, in Oslo (N)
- Universita Tor Vergata, in Roma (I)
|| Copyright © 2014 European Space Agency. All rights reserved.
The RSSD Web Portal provides a single login facility to simplify access to several other applications within this site.
The login facility has detected that you have passwords to one or more of these other systems (Livelink, Mantis, CVS, etc.) which do not match your current LDAP password.
By clicking on [SYNCHRONIZE] you will be able to reset all these passwords and bring them into line with your main portal password with no further effort on your part.
Synchronizing Passwords - Please Wait